Sailing as normal
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Our Terms of Travel will apply to your booking. We believe that our Terms and Conditions of Travel are fair and clear. Please read them carefully before boarding the ferry. These Terms of Travel include certain limitations and exclusions in respect of our liability for death, personal injury, financial loss and damage to property, even if caused by our negligence. If you have any query or other concern, please contact our Head Office (Telephone: +353 65 9053124).
1. Your contract with us: 1.1. Terms of business: You will be accepting that our Terms of Business apply on behalf of all persons using our services pursuant to a booking made by you and must inform them accordingly. 1.2. Travel only You will be contracting with ShannonFerry Group Ltd for travel-only bookings. 1.3. Travel by coach Travel by coach is subject to the relevant terms and conditions of the particular supplier and all applicable international conventions. Details of such terms and conditions are available on request from the relevant company. 1.4. Variation in services and/or prices We reserve the right, before you book, to vary the services described on our website and in our brochures, including prices and departure dates and times, and to designate a different ferry for a particular journey. 1.5. Variation in terms of business Our employees and agents are not allowed to vary, waive or make any representation in respect of any of these Terms of Business. 1.6. Special offers and promotions Special offers and promotions may be subject to certain terms and conditions, e.g. as to payment, which vary from those set out in these Terms of Business. 1.7. Availability of space All products featured on our website or in our brochures are offered subject to availability of allocated space, which may be limited. 1.8. Law and jurisdiction Irish law shall apply to the arrangements made with you and the Irish courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction. 2. Complaint procedure: If you have any complaint in respect of services provided by us please bring it immediately to the attention of the management on the spot. If it is not then resolved to your satisfaction you should contact our Head Office promptly giving full details and if possible a daytime telephone number or e-mail address, so that we can make a timely and thorough investigation. You may contact us by telephone on +353 65 9053124, eMail, or write to us at ShannonFerry Group Ltd, Killimer, Co. Clare. Ireland
3. Booking and paying: 3.1 When payment is due: Payment for all bookings is due at the time of booking, unless we state otherwise. If payment is not made when it is due, we will be entitled to cancel the booking without notice. 3.2 How to pay: Payment may be made by major credit or debit card on-board or on-line – a handling charge may apply to all card transactions. Payment may be made by cash or cheque, supported by a valid cheque guarantee card. Payments can be made on-board or on-line. 3.3 Prices applicable: The prices shown in Euro on our website or in our brochures are applicable only for bookings made in the Republic of Ireland. Prices quoted for ticket purchases made on-line may vary from prices quoted elsewhere and the company reserves the right to charge different prices for on-line sales and on-board sales. 3.4 Fuel surcharge: We reserve the right to levy a fuel surcharge in the event of increases in fuel cost prices. This would result in an additional charge to the prices shown on our website or in our brochures.
4. Insurance: We recommend you take out Breakdown Assistance and Personal Travel Insurance which can cover you in the event that you have to cancel your trip or compensate you for delays and provide assistance following vehicle breakdown.
5. Travel by ShannonFerry Group Ltd
5.1 Children on the ferry: Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
5.2 Reduced Mobility and Special Needs
Lending you a helping hand.
Whatever you need we will do our best to help make travel on our ferries as easy and comfortable as possible for passengers with reduced mobility and special needs. In order to assist we need be aware of your needs. So please let us know before you board the ferry.
Facilities available & the best way to access them:
- Wheelchair accessible ports and ships.
- Specially adapted public toilets in our ports (toilets onboard the ferries are not wheelchair accessible).
Please contact us before boarding the ferry. Self-identification is the best way for us to help you. If you have reduced mobility, we will try to position your vehicle in an appropriate designated area.
If you are travelling as a wheelchair passenger, please make sure to inform our crew. Please be aware that there are limitations to the service we can reasonably offer and deliver. During the crossing our crews will be happy to advise and assist.
5.3 Validity of bookings: Your booking is valid only for the departure dates and times stated unless otherwise expressly stated. If you travel on a booking purchased at a lower price than that properly chargeable for the particular journey, we will be entitled to require payment of a surcharge prior to embarkation.
6. Transport, timings and routes: We will seek to provide you, your luggage and vehicle with the journey shown on your ticket, though ferries, sailing times/dates and destinations may be affected by weather conditions or port closures, or may be changed (at our discretion) by operational requirements. We will try to arrange a suitable alternative ferry crossing if by reason of operational requirements; we cannot provide the anticipated service within a reasonable time of the scheduled sailing. We will refund the fare if we cannot arrange a suitable alternative journey or if you do not wish to take any alternative journey offered by us.
7. Your Responsibilty:
No reservation required or taken.
Tickets must be purchased 30 minutes prior to boarding the ferry. Tickets are strictly non-refundable if used, partially used or expired.
TERMS & CONDITIONS STRICTLY APPLIED
Please ensure you have your ticket with you when boarding the ferry
(in printed form or on your mobile device) otherwise a ticket must be purchased onboard.
Your Ticket will be sent via email to the email address that you specified when purchasing your ticket. This ticket must display a valid machine readable barcode for it to be accepted when you are on board the ferry, this must be in printed form or on your mobile device.
Please ensure you have purchased the correct ticket type as any fare difference will be payable on board the ferry, without discount.
Tickets are Valid for only one vehicle per sailing. Strictly non-transferable.
ShannonFerry Group do not charge per passenger in vehicles. We only charge per vehicle and passengers travel FREE with the driver!
Terms & Conditions for Weekly (7 Day 12 Trip Ticket)
12 trips from either port valid for 7 days from date and time of 1st use or for 1 month only from date and time of purchase.
Valid for only one vehicle per sailing. Strictly non-transferable.
Terms & Conditions for 12 Trip Ticket
12 trips from either port valid for 12 months from date and time of purchase.
Valid for only one vehicle per sailing. Strictly non-transferable.
Terms & Conditions for 6 Trip Ticket
6 trips from either port valid for 12 months from date and time of purchase.
Valid for only one vehicle per sailing. Strictly non-transferable.
All tickets expire 12 months from date and time of purchase except for Weekly (7 Day 12 Trip Ticket)
TERMS & CONDITIONS STRICTLY APPLIED
Ticket Information: So what happens next? Your ticket will be sent to the email address provided when purchasing your ticket online. This ticket may be printed at the time of purchase or at a later date when required. Your ticket can also be scanned onboard the ferry on time of travel on your mobile device. No reservations required but to avoid disappointment please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to ferry departure. Do not leave your vehicle until the ticket collector has collected your fare.
7.1 Refunds & Cancellations: Refunds for lost or stolen tickets are solely at the discretion of management. You must contact the office during normal working hours at Killimer, Co. Clare to make such a claim.
7.2 Safety and Security: We require you to accept that we are entitled at our discretion (subject only to refund of the fare) to refuse to provide transport for any person, luggage or vehicle for any reason related to safety or security or in the interests of other passengers or to ensure compliance with immigration, customs, health or other applicable regulations. You must comply with all safety and security regulations and notices and any instructions given to you by our employees or agents. 7.3 Firearms and Dangerous Goods: You must not bring with you dangerous goods, firearms or animals without our prior permission, compliance with all applicable regulations and the obtaining of any relevant licences. 7.4 Searches: We require you to accept that we and any relevant port authority are entitled to carry out searches of passengers and vehicles pursuant to any statutory or other legal requirements. 7.5 Animals: All animals including dogs must remain within the vehicle they are being transported in at all times. 7.6 Loss/damage to luggage/vehicle: We require you to notify us before or at the time of disembarkation in respect of damage to, or loss of, luggage and/or vehicle. If you do not notify us, you will be presumed to have received your luggage and vehicle undamaged. We shall have no liability in respect of loss of, or damage to, cash, negotiable securities, gold, silverware, jewellery, ornaments, works of art, electronic equipment or other valuables. 7.7 Luggage left with us: If luggage is left with us after your journey, we may furnish same to An Garda Siochana or after a reasonable period sell it and need only account to you for the proceeds (less storage charges and costs of sale) if you make a claim within 12 months of the journey. 7.8 Failure to disembark: If for any reason (unless the cause is a fault on our part) you, your luggage and/or your vehicle do not disembark at the end of the journey you and/or they may be returned at our discretion to the port of departure or taken to another port with you being charged the appropriate fare in each case. 7.9 Documentation: We require you to reimburse us in full for any fines, repatriation or other removal costs, detention costs and other related expenses which we bear or incur by reason of your failure to possess all the documentation required by immigration, customs, health or other applicable regulations.
8. Instructions for Traffic: Park on arrival at terminal behind other vehicles in traffic queue. Loading of ferry boat will normally be in the following order: Left Hand Lane, Right Hand Lane, Heavy Commercial Vehicles will be loaded on the centre lanes. Drive slowly on the slipway and on the ferry boat. Put on hand-brake and turn off engine after parking. Do not open car doors until all traffic has been loaded. Remain in car until fare has been collected or ticket has been validated. All motorcycles must apply parking with centre stand (not side stand) and not disengage centre stand until ferry has docked and in a stationary position. Have exact fare or pre-paid ticket ready and ensure you obtain printed ticket if paying on-board.
9. Restrictions on Traffic: Commercial vehicles: maximum 12 tons’ total weight per axle.
9.1 Carriage of Dangerous Goods: Dangerous goods in accordance with the IMDG Code will not be carried in bulk onboard. Best practice is followed to only carry small amounts of fuel which may be used to refuel portable equipment in some vehicles e.g. camper vans
10. General: Passengers, vehicles, merchandise, livestock and goods of any description are carried entirely at owners’ risk. The company does not hold itself responsible for any loss or damage either personal or to vehicles, merchandise, livestock or goods, or for loss arising from delay or cancellation of sailings. Traffic is accepted only in accordance with the above and the conditions of carriage as detailed on the notices displayed at the terminals and on the Ferry Boat and herein.
Shannonferry Group Limited fully complies with all relevant sections of the Data Protection Act. Any information which is provided by you will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation Act, GDPR 2018 and any implementing and/or amending legislation as may be adopted in Ireland from time to time. In general, Shannonferry Group Limited collects only the minimum level of customer information needed to: 1)Support the customer’s use of functionality offered on the website. 2)Provide a high-quality customer support, back-office and on-site service. 3)Ensure the Shannonferry Group Limited website and underlying systems run correctly and smoothly. 4)Support various promotional activities where the customer has agreed to receive them.
The majority of this data is only available to and for the use of appropriate Shannonferry Group Limited employees, subject to necessary exclusions: Privileged third party service providers: You acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose certain elements of personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to process your order or get authorisation from your bank. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party requires the details to fulfil your order. We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law or other valid legal process. Shannonferry Group Limited uses secure server software (SSL) It encrypts all your personal information for security, so that nobody else can gain access to it. All Shannonferry Group Limited systems are protected by a secure firewall infrastructure and are protected by well managed strong security policies. Access to customer data by Shannonferry Group Limited employees is controlled to ensure only appropriate staff can view data appropriate to their job function. All actions involving customer data are monitored by supervisory employees and are logged in an audit-trail.
Shannonferry Group Limited collects three specific types of information about customers visiting the website: Personal Information, Financial Information and Technical Information.
Personal information, such as your name and address etc.– What details are collected? When you complete the various screens needed to place an order on Shannonferry Group Limited, enter a competition, sign-up for our regular newsletter, contact us with a support query etc, you type in and submit various personal details as follows: Email, First Name, Last Name, Address Details, Telephone number, Order History Details etc. What is it used for? The details you enter are used to carry out the requested operation, such as ordering tickets etc. as outlined above. Shannonferry Group Limited uses this personal information to support the ticket ordering process and may contact you regarding offers from time to time, if you have agreed to receive them. We may also use your personal contact details to get in touch with you (by email, telephone or by post) if necessary, in relation to orders you may have placed with Shannonferry Group Limited.
Financial Information, such as your credit / debit card number, expiry date etc.– What data is collected? The basic credit / debit card details you entered when ordering tickets are securely processed on our systems. What is it used for? This financial information is used to obtain authorisation to take payment for tickets and other products or services which you may wish to purchase on Shannonferry Group Limited. This information is used by third party credit card processing companies, banks and anti-fraud services during the purchase process, as occurs on many other transactional websites.It is also stored in case of a customer query, dispute over the billed amount on a credit card bill or to be used where a refund becomes due to the customer if a ticket is cancelled. If you choose to save your debit / credit card details within your Shannonferry Group profile in order to use it for future orders, we will similarly store these details on our system.Your financial information will never be shared with third parties (excluding in the manner outlined above) without your express prior consent.
Technical information, such as your IP address, cookies, operating system or browser type etc.– What data is collected? Low-level technical information is gathered on all visitors to the web site. All of this information is technical in nature and does not contain human-readable information such as your name, address or any other similar details. Such technical information specifically includes: IP address: This is a technical number allocated to all computers on the Internet. Cookie: A small piece of text which can be stored on your computer to help websites recognise previous visitors, their preferences and assist in managing online ordering. Operating system / browser type: These are technical details which identify the operating system (e.g. Windows Vista, Mac OS X Leopard) or Internet browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer ) you are using to access the Shannonferry Group Limited website.
12. Our liability12.1 Limitations and exclusions Our liability in respect of death or personal injury shall in no case exceed the appropriate limit under the Athens Convention. Our liability for loss of, or damage to, property (regardless of where the loss or damage may occur) shall in no case exceed an amount equal to the respective limits under the Athens Convention. Please see clause 7.6 for further restrictions on our liability for certain items; we shall be under no liability to you (or other people travelling pursuant to a booking made by you) for any loss which does not arise naturally in the ordinary course unless you have notified us in writing prior to or upon making the booking of special facts or circumstances relevant to any such claim and we have knowingly accepted the additional risk; we shall be under no liability to you at all if the failure to perform or improper performance of any contractual obligation is caused by: (a) your own fault or the fault of anybody else included in your booking; or (b) a third party unconnected with the provision of any service contracted for and the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or (c) (i) any unusual and unforeseeable circumstance beyond our control, the consequence of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or (ii) an event which we or any supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
12.2 Athens Convention The Athens Convention relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea of 1974, as modified or re-enacted, will apply in respect of each booking and journey by sea. Particulars of the Athens Convention are available from our Head Office.
Shannon Ferry Group Limited Killimer, Co. Clare Registered Number: 54766 Tel: +353 65 9053124 email@example.com